11 arrests following drug warrants - Eastern VictoriaPolice have arrested 11 people after executing 11 warrants at properties in Victoria’s south-east as part of an investigation targeting… Police have arrested 11 people after executing 11 warrants at properties in Victoria’s south-east as part of an investigation targeting drug manufacturing and trafficking.
Morwell Divisional Tasking Unit members executed the series of warrants from 5am with the assistance of the Clandestine Laboratory Squad, Santiago Task Force, Dog Squad and the Critical Incident Response Team (CIRT).
Operation Conscripted is an ongoing drug operation focused on the manufacturing and subsequent trafficking of methamphetamine by an alleged drug syndicate.
The warrants were executed at the following residential properties:
- Jepson Court, Mirboo North
- Edinburgh Drive, Wonthaggi
- Strickland Street, Wonthaggi
- Nicole Avenue, Dandenong
- Tova Drive, Carrum Downs
- Orsett Crescent, Carrum Downs
- Morell Street, Glenroy
- Wembley Avenue, Cheltenham
- Parkes Street, Wonthaggi
- Guy Road, Corinella
A warrant was also executed at a factory on Frankston Gardens Drive in Carrum Downs where CIRT members arrested a 33-year-old Carrum Downs man without incident.
He is currently in custody at Dandenong police station, assisting police with their enquiries.
Police have seized a firearm, excavators, a forklift, trailers, vehicles, cash and illicit drugs including what is believed to be ICE and GHB.
The following people have also been arrested as part of the operation:
- A 40-year-old Mirboo North man
- A 38-year-old Wonthaggi man
- A 36-year-old Glenroy man
- A 27-year-old Wonthaggi man
- A 33-year-old Dandenong North man
- A 38-year-old Corinella man
- A 32-year-old Carrum Downs man
- A 26-year-old woman of no fixed address
- A 27-year-old Toolangi woman
- A 34-year-old man of no fixed address
Operation Conscripted also involved uniform members and local detectives from Caulfield, Dandenong, Croydon, Latrobe and Wonthaggi.