Introducing Leading Senior Constable Walsh
Today I'm pleased to announce the Frankston and the Mornington Peninsula Police Division has a new Divisional Firearms Officer - Leading Senior Constable Kevin Walsh.
L/S/C Walsh has 25 years' experience in operational policing. He has spent the last 15 years at Hastings Police Station, but also has previous experience as District Firearms Officer for the Melbourne CBD. L/S/C Walsh has a wealth of knowledge in relation to firearms and firearms legislation.
The Divisional Firearms Officer’s objective is to ensure the community and business sector complies with the Firearms Act, Control of Weapons Act and Regulations. They are also responsible for fostering education in safe use and handling of firearms within the community.
Some of L/S/C Walsh's duties as the Divisional Firearms Officer include:.
- Conducting firearms safety courses for firearms licence applicants
- Handling all enquiries regarding applications for licences and permits
- Conducting firearm storage inspections
- Identifying and reporting any relevant concerns or issues
- Liaising with firearms club representatives and firearms dealers
- Investigating firearms-related offences and preparing briefs of evidence
So, as you can see, he has a very important role as the DFO.
L/S/C Walsh can be contacted on 9784 5661, but you can also ask him a question here. Join me in welcoming our new District Firearms Officer by posting a comment below.
There's also information on identifying, altering and registering firearms on the Victoria Police website here, for those who are interested.
One again, thanks for your feedback. It is always appreciated.
Have a safe weekend.