Seven arrested during OMCG warrants across Melbourne
Police have today arrested and charged seven people as part of an ongoing investigation into an Outlaw motorcycle club.
Detectives from Echo Taskforce with the assistance of State Anti-Gangs Division, the K9 Unit and uniform police, executed 12 search warrants today.
The warrants were executed in Glenroy, Carrum Downs, Frankston, Mickleham, Highett, Truganina, Hampton Park and Cranbourne West.
It follows a proactive investigation into the Finks OMCG, relating to drug trafficking, an alleged aggravated burglary in Hampton Park on 9 September and an affray in Kew on 13 July 2018.
The seven people have been charged, including:
• A 33-year-old Frankston man; charged with aggravated home invasion, aggravated burglary, intentionally cause injury and make threats to kill. To appear at Melbourne Magistrates’ Court tonight.
• A 28-year-old Hampton Park woman; charged with aggravated home invasion, aggravated burglary, intentionally cause injury and make threats to kill. To appear at Melbourne Magistrates’ Court tonight
• A 38-year-old Frankston man; charged possess drug of dependence and possess prohibited weapon. Bailed to appear at Frankston Magistrates’ court on 8 February 2019
• A 24-year-old Truganina man charged with affray. Bailed to appear at Melbourne Magistrates’ Court on 17 January 2019
• A 34 year-old Glenroy man; charged with affray and possess and drug of dependence. Bailed to appear at Melbourne Magistrates’ court on 17 January 2019
• A 28-year-old Frankston man; charged possess drug of dependence bailed to appear at Melbourne Magistrates’ Court on 17 January 2019
• A 28-year-old Highett woman; possess drug of dependence and possess controlled weapon. Bailed to appear at Moorabbin Justice Centre at a later date
Police also seized a number of items from the properties including a firearm, ammunition, other weapons and drugs.
Today’s warrants follow the arrested of a 33-year-old Frankston man at a property in Karingal Drive, Frankston on 12 September.
A 43-year-old South Australian man was also arrest on 25 September in Docklands.
They were both charged with a range of offences including aggravated home invasion, intentionally cause injury, make threats to kill and unlawful assault.
Both have been remanded to appear at Melbourne Magistrates’ Court on 23 January 2019.
Victoria Police’s Echo Taskforce was formed in 2011 to identify the criminal activity undertaken by OMCG in Victoria.
The taskforce has investigative oversight of all OMCG activities in the state and continues to investigate criminal activity throughout metropolitan and rural Victoria.
Anyone with information about OMCG activity is urged to contact Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000 or submit a confidential crime report to www.crimestoppersvic.com.au